The most important thing a human can do in a pet’s life is bringing him home from a shelter, and this list of 27 heartwarming photos, compiled by Just Something, is the best reminder of the huge impact our choice can have on our furry friends’ life.
Some of the pets in the photos below never had the chance to live a single day outside the shelter, and some others have had such a difficult life they don’t even dare to look people in the eyes. Luckily for them, a loving human was there to take them home, and it’s amazing to witness their transformations.
1. One year ago, Jake was found underneath a car, alone and half frozen. He was 4 weeks old and his mom was gone. Now he’s the biggest kitty with the most personality that I’ve ever met.
2. From Cellmates to Lifemates
3. My lovely Athena…a friend found her in their garage and I couldn’t resist that teensy face
4. The moment she realized she was being taken home
5. Toby at the county shelter 2 years ago and is now king of our house.
6. Found in a drain pipe at 5/6 weeks old, and now, almost a year old. I love my boy!
7. Butters the day I brought him home (Left) and a week later (right)
8. My best friend hudson at the shelter Vs. One year Later!