If you’ve been feeling lonely, tired or burned out lately, I have the perfect solution for you. It comes with four legs, a wet nose and a heart full of love.
Dogs are the secret to a happier and less stressful life. And that’s not just an opinion by dog lovers, that’s a scientific fact. Research shows that dogs not only makes us happier, they also make us healthier. Interacting with dogs increases levels of oxytocin, the feel good hormone and reduces levels of cortisol, the stress inducing hormone. Dogs can even help us feel loved and accepted. One study found that dog owners had higher self-esteem and dealt with social rejection better.
I could go on and on, but instead of boring you with scientific facts, I’ll just let these Twitter and Tumblr users convince you. After going through these adorable photos, you’re sure to want a puppy of your own.
1. This dog’s smile might have broken Tumblr
2. Nothing makes grocery shopping more exciting than an ecstatic dog
3. When you need encouragement
4. This dog that sums up your aesthetic
5. Two of your most favorite things – an oversized donut and an adorable dog
6. A patient doggo who just wants an explanation
7. A cute puppy that knows his priorities