Most of us see dogs as our furry, stay-at-home, companions, who live their life day after day without any particular responsibility, apart from making us happy, and we often forget that there are so many dogs around the world who have actual jobs, and live their life doing their best to be good boys.
Dogs can do a wide range of jobs, both serious ones, like service dogs, police dogs, therapy dogs or search and rescue dogs, and silly ones, like Airbnb hosts, Staff Morale Officers and print shop workers.
The dogs of this list, compiled by Just Something, do their best to save people’s day, and only ask for their human friends’ love in return.
1. This is Morty. He was deployed in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria and jumped 30 feet out of a helicopter when he caught the scent of someone in need. He served in NC for Hurricane Florence too.
2. This good boy works very hard as a video game developer.
3. Good boys waiting to enter the hospital rooms of sick children for animal therapy time.
5. Good boy helping children testify in court.
6. Very good boys waiting to save the day in Croatia.
7. “Took a break in the sun, coworkers checked in to see if I was ok.”
8. End of report. Deputy Gage.
9. “Stanley my medical alert pupper got to call 911 for the first time when I had ignored his alerts and fell into a seizure. He followed every step and tasked perfectly until medics arrived.”
12. This is Sombra. A Colombian police dog with a $70,000 bounty on her head.
13. “This is Razor, a retired IED sniffer dog who worked in Afghanistan and visited our school today. Good boy level: over 9000!”
14. Police Department threw this brave officer a birthday party. Happy birthday, Max!
15. “Ruca goes on every call with me to bring back boaters who’ve had some bad luck. Shes been farther offshore than most people and in worse weather. People usually feel less stressed when they’re 60 miles offshore and the dog pops out of the cabin.”
16. When ESPN had Air Bud do commentary for a basketball game.
17. “Stayed at an Airbnb in Portland. It was this doggos job (if requested by the guests) to keep us company while we were in during the day. Just had to call her down to our floor of the house. 5 stars.”
18. Biscuit, a Staff Morale Officer.
19. K9 Callie, the only US Air Force search and rescue dog, after a skydive.
20. A little rain won’t stop Spencer the therapy dog from cheering on runners in the Boston Marathon.
23. “This service dog named Panda smiled at me like this for her entire plane ride shift. “
24. Doggo misses his jobbo.
25. This local print shop has a dog working the counter.