It all started on a sad Valentine’s day for pet owner Cesar Fernandez-Chavez from Chelsea, New York. He had just recently ended a long-term relationship when his Golden Retriever named Louboutina (or Loubie, for short) held his hands with both her paws. According to Fernandez-Chavez, “She started sitting up and grabbing my hands with both of her paws, and then crossing the other paw over her paw”. Later on, Loubie started giving him hugs! It didn’t take long before Loubie started giving hugs to strangers during her daily walks. Word got around and photos started spreading over the Internet, earning Loubie a 165k following on her Instagram page. This is definitely one love-filled dog!
1. This is Louboutina.
2. This cuddly Golden Retriever loves giving free hugs to people she meets!
3. Her owner, Cesar, never taught her to do this, she just started holding his hands…
4. And eventually, a couple of years later, she started giving hugs!
5. According to Cesar, “Instead of asking me to do the holding hands thing, she just sat up, very close to my legs, and she’d wrap her legs around my knees”
6. Loubie kept giving free hugs!
7. And she has quite a grip too!