If you’ve been feeling lonely, tired or burned out lately, I have the perfect solution for you. It comes with four legs, a wet nose and a heart full of love.
Dogs are the secret to a happier and less stressful life. And that’s not just an opinion by dog lovers, that’s a scientific fact. Research shows that dogs not only makes us happier, they also make us healthier. Interacting with dogs increases levels of oxytocin, the feel good hormone and reduces levels of cortisol, the stress inducing hormone. Dogs can even help us feel loved and accepted. One study found that dog owners had higher self-esteem and dealt with social rejection better.
I could go on and on, but instead of boring you with scientific facts, I’ll just let these Twitter and Tumblr users convince you. After going through these adorable photos, you’re sure to want a puppy of your own.
1. This dog’s smile might have broken Tumblr
2. Nothing makes grocery shopping more exciting than an ecstatic dog
3. When you need encouragement
4. This dog that sums up your aesthetic
5. Two of your most favorite things – an oversized donut and an adorable dog
6. A patient doggo who just wants an explanation
7. A cute puppy that knows his priorities
8. An overwhelmed pupper that forgot how to dog
9. Not the smartest, but still the most lovable
10. Just like you, this dog is doing his best at exercising
11. When you love them so much, you start to look alike
12. They’re not only man’s best friend, they can also be man’s best actors if they want to
13. Color coordinating your dog and your favorite mug
14. He still has enough love in his heart to drown that mean groomer
15. This dog was so excited to sit down, he didn’t see the space between the two couches
16. When your dog is a master of camouflage
17. You’d do absolutely anything for your dog
18. You’d even make sure they get the front seat instead of your other family members